Flatbush Development Corporation is seeking an experienced applicant who, under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, will be responsible for ensuring that the Afterschool Program meets all program standard and funding guidelines. The Program Director must be able to plan and organize a structured program consisting of educational and recreational activities according to age group, supervise staff and maintain a high level of communication between school representatives and participants. In addition, the Program Director will be responsible for the management of the entire OST program at his/her site.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff according to FDC policies.
- Ensure that all DYCD, DOH and FDC Guidelines are followed and adhered to.
- Responsible for data entry, reports, snack, securing space, security and all other administrative duties/documentation requirement in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that adequate supplies and equipment are kept safe and available for programmatic needs.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through appropriate program enhancements and activities.
- Respond to e-mails and phone messages within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to licensing requirements, staff/child health and safety.
- Evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel. Create a Parent Advisory and Youth Advisory Group. Attend school planning meeting and PTA meetings. Develop community relations with other community organizations or programs.
- Supervise the completion, collection and submission of data and reports to DYCD (Department of Youth and Community Development) as required under contract agreement.
- Supervise and plan summer programs including securing DOH license.
- Actively participate in designated meetings and training sessions as needed and/or requested.
- BA/BS in Education or related field.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with youth in school age programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Current First Aid/CPR/RTE certifications.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “OST Director” – to firstname.lastname@example.org
OST Group Leader
Flatbush Development Corporation is seeking well rounded, outgoing, friendly individuals who have a passion working with elementary students to apply for our Group Leader position. The Group Leader has the closest relationship with the participants in their group and will not only be an influential role model, but also directly impact the children’s overall camp experience. Above and beyond all of the day-to-day challenges of being a Group Leader, it is one of the most rewarding position and crucial for a successful afterschool program.
- Maintain a ratio of one (1) counselor for every 10 students.
- Attend the minimum required 15 hours of staff training during the school year.
- Attend 2 Saturday trainings. Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Implement the Program curriculum, helping school age children to improve literacy competencies, values and physical fitness in an activity based after school environment.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (incident/accident/behavior reports, attendance & sign-in / sign-out sheets).
- Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth.
- Develop academic curriculum reflective of the project based learning model.
- Create innovative age appropriate activities and develop lesson plans to conduct.
- Communicate with families, on a weekly basis, about their children’s strengths and areas needing attention.
- Prepare the learning environment by creating a welcoming space that exhibits student work.
- Work as part of a collaborative team; provide support to other Specialists in implementing activities.
- Understand and communicate FDC Youth program philosophy and the goals of the program to the participants and parents.
- Adhere to all Department of Health and FDC policies and standards.
- Communicate effectively with peers, participants, supervisors and school administration.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events
- Associates Degree or 1 year of college with course work in child development or related field in which working with children is the focus.
- Prior experience as a Counselor in an after school setting, recreation, teaching or childcare position. Supervisory experience desired.
- Skills in leadership development, motivation, communication, songs, storytelling, games and sports desired.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Group Leader” – to email@example.com
to Job Openings