After School Program Counselor
FDC’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for all residents in the Flatbush community. FDC identifies and responds to neighborhood needs and concerns, proactively creating programs and campaigns that work towards a healthy, safe, and vibrant community.
To address the needs of Flatbush, FDC operates programs and services in five issue areas: Economic Development, Housing, Youth and Immigration Services, and Community improvement.
FDC is recruiting for the Out of School Time (OST) – After School Program.
- Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth.
- Assist Activity Specialist with developing youth’s athletic and artistic expression abilities and connection to community school
- Monitor youth’s behavior while at the program
- Report directly to Site Supervisor
- Attend all staff meetings and staff development workshops
- Passion and commitment to youth development
- High school graduate, college student preferred
- Experience in education/youth development/social services
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Knowledge of elementary reading, writing and math
- Knowledge of backgrounds of program participants and the surrounding communities
- Experience with diverse populations, elementary ages 5-12
Sample schedule- Monday-Friday 3pm-6pm
Salary-Up to $12/hour
Process: Submit resume, cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (718) 859-4632, Attn: Summer Camp. Indicate “Program Aide” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Note: Federal and state regulations require a background check for any person employed in a position directly serving children. FDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
to Job Openings