Flatbush Development Corporation is seeking an experienced applicant who, under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, will be responsible for ensuring that the Elementary COMPASS Afterschool Program meets all program standards and funding guidelines. The Program Director must be able to plan and organize a structured program consisting of educational and recreational activities according to age group, supervise staff and maintain a high level of communication between school representatives and participants. In addition, the Program Director will be responsible for the management of the entire program at his/her site.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff according to FDC policies.
- Ensure that all DYCD, DOH, and FDC Guidelines are followed and adhered to.
- Responsible for data entry, reports, snacks, securing space, security, and all other administrative duties/documentation requirement in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that adequate supplies and equipment are kept safe and available for programmatic needs.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through appropriate program enhancements and activities.
- Respond to e-mails and phone messages within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to licensing requirements, staff/child health, and safety.
- Develop and implement program curricula aligned with school program curricula. ● Participate in all FDC’s annual events
- Evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel. Create a Parent Advisory and Youth Advisory Group. Attend school planning meetings and PTA meetings. Develop community relations with other community organizations or programs.
- Supervise the completion, collection, and submission of data and reports to DYCD (Department of Youth and Community Development) as required under contract agreement.
- Supervise and plan summer programs including securing DOH license.
- Actively participate in designated meetings and training sessions as needed and/or requested.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BA/BS in Education or related field required-no exceptions!; MA/MS preferred
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with school-aged school youth in school-age programs preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Current First Aid/CPR/RTE certifications.
- As of the effective date of this posting, COVID-19 vaccine is required for this position as per Executive Order 75 and the Order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID-19 Vaccination for DOE Employees, Contractors, and Others
Benefits: Flatbush Development Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||After School, Director, Full Time|
|Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)||Optional Enrollment|