Director of Compass Programs
The Flatbush Development Corporation seeks someone to fill the role as Director of Compass Programs. This person is a youth development professional with experience operating successful after school programs to supervise our elementary COMPASS programs. With the guidance of the Youth Services Director, this individual will apply their expertise to support the program directors with daily operations, school partnership maintenance as well as DOH, DYCD, and agency compliance matters. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the impact of positive out-of-school time experiences on child development and be devoted to ensuring that FDC’s elementary programs set the bar for quality programming.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
● Provide onsite supervisory support for program directors when necessary.
● Build productive relationships with the school’s administrative teams, including but not limited to principal and assistant principals, parent coordinator, PTA board, etc. Act as the agency liaison for school administration and other stakeholders
● Oversee on-site onboarding of new part-time staff.
● Consult with Youth Services and Educational Directors on the agency’s professional development plan to support frontline staff
● Collaborate with Youth Services and the Educational Director to develop new initiatives and programming to support the strategic direction of the department and organization.
● Perform periodic program quality assessments and confer with Youth Services Director regarding any needed work improvement plans
● Perform Annual Program Evaluation based on programmatic goals
● Perform periodic reviews of DOH required documents to ensure compliance
● Communicate with funders’ program managers.
● Collaborate and develop funding proposals to ensure growth and continuity of programs
● Attend agency, department, and program staff meetings
● Provide updates and coordinate weekly meetings with Youth Services Director
● Assume additional duties as assigned by Executive Director and Youth Services Director
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Child Development, Education, Social Work, or related field
● 2 or more years of experience operating school-based after school programs
● Experience working within ethnically diverse communities
● Knowledge of child development issues and experience interacting with concerned parents
● Exceptional leadership, organizational, and leadership skills
● Strong, critical thinking, written and verbal skills
● Proficient in Microsoft office
● Familiarity with DYCD connect.
● Familiarity with DYCD and DOH program requirements
Applicants should be aware that given the New York State vaccine mandate, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Job Category||After School, Director|
|Salary||$70,000.00 - $73,000.00 per year|
|Short and Long Term Disability||Yes|
|Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts||Yes|
|Voluntary Life Insurance||Yes|
|Paid Time Off||Yes|