Responsibilities (covering the general areas to be handled by the individual in this role):
- Open/Close the office daily and/or as required.
- Responsible for completing basic administrative duties; answering phone calls, filing, greeting and directing visitors to the correct personnel, answering their questions, entering prospective housing clients into our screening log.
- Oversee the cleanliness and organized appearance of the FDC Office, including restocking supplies in common areas.
- Processing and directing mail and incoming packages or deliveries. Prepare and send returns and outgoing mail.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment; Order new materials as needed; Manage specialty supply ordering for the various programmatic departments.
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports, and other company instructional documents.
- Gather, scan, update, and organize supporting documentation for grant reports, etc.
- Update and maintain the staff schedule calendar, master list, etc.
- Assist the Fiscal Office Administrator with processing payment requests.
- Assist with new staff onboarding.
- Maintain the digital and equipment inventory log, including the staff sign-in/out record
- Assist the Executive Director with scheduling and preparing materials for meetings.
- Assist management and other staff with administrative needs on projects as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently friendly, welcoming, patient, and open attitude toward all stakeholders
- Prior work-related experience in a professional office environment
- Strong administrative and clerical skills
- Strong organization, coordination, and communication skills
- Proficiency with office technology
- Attention to detail and ability to successfully manage competing priorities
- Self-motivated; takes initiative
- Good judgment; ability to maintain confidentiality, prioritize and work independently
- Team-oriented; willingness to be flexible with their tasks and assignments, pitching in and helping out as needed to meet the needs of the business.
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to lift 25 lbs., climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Flatbush Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
NYC COVID-Safe Requirement
FDC is subject to the terms of the “COVID-Safe Requirement” which requires all persons newly hired for employment by any City agency to provide proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to beginning their employment, except for those who obtain an exception due to medical or religious reasons through the reasonable accommodation process.
|Job Category||Full Time|