Ditmas JH Afterschool Program Director
Flatbush Development Corporation is seeking an experienced applicant who, under the supervision of the Director of COMPASS, will be responsible for ensuring that the Afterschool Program meets all program standards and funding guidelines. The Program Director must be able to plan and organize a structured program consisting of educational and recreational activities according to age group, supervise staff and maintain a high level of communication between school representatives and participants, staff and supervisors. In addition, the Program Director will be responsible for the management of the entire OST program at his/her site.
Responsibilities (covering the general areas to be handled by the individual in this role):
- Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Afterschool Program meets all program standards and in line with funding guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement a program consisting of age appropriate educational and recreational activities that aligns with the school’s curriculum.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Program staff in accordance with DYCD, DOH, and FDC guidelines.
- Coordinate and attend weekly meetings with the Director of Youth Services to report any and all updates specific to the Program.
- Develop and consistently maintain appropriate a professional relationship with the school’s administrative team.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through program enhancements and activities.
- Maintain the current required licenses, staff, as well as child health and safety documentation.
- Plan the completion, collection and submission of reports and date to DYCD as required under the contractual agreement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other community organizations and programs.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, preferably with concentration in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or related field.
- Direct experience with children under age 13 in a school-based or community setting, including two (2) or more years in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
Email Resume, Credentials, and a Why you want to work with FDC. Please send to email@example.com
|Job Category||After School, Director, Full Time|