•Plan, teach and facilitate workshops for middle school students focused on cooking and culinary arts.
•Develop and implement a sequenced cooking curriculum, with assistance from the education specialist.
•Submit lesson/activity plans to program director in advance.
•Plan and implement a culminating event or project at the end of each cycle.
•Provide instruction to participants, correct their techniques, and assist struggling students on a one on one basis.
•Educate participants about the different recipes that they are learning, by providing them with cultural context and nutrition information.
•Be responsible for the ingredient shopping, setup, operation and clean-up of activities and the organization, inventory and storing of relevant supplies and equipment.
•Attend all staff meetings and staff development training sessions, as specified.
•Maintain and submit attendance records.
•Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
•High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
•Two years of experience in teaching cooking or leading youth in group activities required, preferably in an after school setting.
•Must be able to pass fingerprint and SCR clearances successfully.
•Must be able to engage young people and set structure and limits in a group setting.
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
•Must be reliable and punctual.FDC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. FDC does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Job Type: Part-time Salary: $25.00 per hour Experience:
professional cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
Restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
Must be COVID-19 VaccinatedThis Job Is:
•Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
•A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
•A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
•Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
|Salary||$24.00 - $25.00 per hour|
|Paid time off||Yes|
· Implement FDC program curriculum, helping school-age children to improve literacy competencies, values, and physical fitness in an activity based after-school environment.
· Provide a positive role model for children by exhibiting proper behavior and demeanor.
· Insure the health, safety, and well-being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
· Work as a member of a professional team that provides a positive, growth-promoting environment for all children.
· Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth.
· Understand and communicate the FDC philosophy and the goals of the FDC School Age Programs to the students and parents.
· Plan and create innovative age-appropriate activities and develop lesson plans to conduct them on a daily basis; Read, tell stories, and lead songs and games.
· Communicate with families about their children's strengths and areas needing attention on a weekly basis.
· Actively participate in all training sessions and designated meetings and special events.
· Maintain a ratio of one (1) counselor for every 10 students.
· Attend the minimum required 15 hours of staff training during the school year. Attend 2 Saturday trainings.Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or 1 year of college with course work in child development or related field in which working with children is the focus.
· Prior experience as a Counselor in an after-school setting, recreation, teaching or childcare position.
· Supervisory experience desired.
· Skills in leadership development, motivation, communication, songs, storytelling, games and sports desired.
· Experience teaching dance skills a big plus!Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover note that explains your ability and passion for a position of this nature, along with your salary requirements. Schedule:
· 4-hour shift
· Monday to Friday
|Job Category||Part Time|
|Salary||$16.00 - $17.00 per hour|
·Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff according to FDC policies.
·Provide reports, update and coordinate weekly meetings with the Director of Youth Programs.
·Build productive relationships with the school’s administrative team, including but not limited to principal, assistant principal, curriculum development staff, teachers. PTA president and parent coordinator.
·Ensure that all DYCD, DOH and FDC Guidelines are followed and adhered to.
·Responsible for data entry, reports, snacks, securing space, security and all other administrative duties/documentation requirement in a timely fashion.
·Ensure that adequate supplies and equipment are kept safe and available for programmatic needs.
·Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through appropriate program enhancements and activities.
·Maintain accurate records pertaining to licensing requirements, staff/child health, and safety.
·Develop and implement program curriculum aligned with school program curricula.
·Evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
·Serve as a liaison with school personnel. Create a Parent Advisory and Youth Advisory Group. Attend school planning meetings and PTA meetings. Develop community relations with other community organizations or programs.
·Supervise the completion, collection, and submission of data and reports to DYCD as required under the contract agreement.
·Supervise and plan summer programs including but not limited to securing DOH license.
·Develop a weekly schedule of after-school activities; arts, recreational, educational enhancement and homework assistance to students.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING:
·BA/BS in Education or related field (required)
·Childcare: 3 years (required)
·Program development: 2 years (required)
·Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
·Proficient in Microsoft Office.License/Certification:
·First Aid Certification (Required)
·CPR Certification (Required)
|Job Category||Full Time|
|Salary||$50,000.00 - $54,000.00|
|Flexible spending account||Yes|
|Paid time off||Yes|
- Under the supervision of the Director of Youth Services, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Afterschool Program meets all program standards and in line with funding guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement a program consisting of age appropriate educational and recreational activities that aligns with the school’s curriculum.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Program staff in accordance with DYCD, DOH, and FDC guidelines.
- Coordinate and attend weekly meetings with the Director of Youth Services to report any and all updates specific to the Program.
- Develop and consistently maintain appropriate a professional relationship with the school’s administrative team.
- Promote literacy, multiculturalism, parent and community involvement through program enhancements and activities.
- Maintain the current required licenses, staff, as well as child health and safety documentation.
- Plan the completion, collection and submission of reports and date to DYCD as required under the contractual agreement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other community organizations and programs.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, preferably with concentration in Child Development, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or related field.
- Direct experience with children under age 13 in a school-based or community setting, including two (2) or more years in a supervisory capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
|Job Category||After School, Director, Full Time|