Responsibilities (covering the general areas to be handled by the individual in this role):
- Support and drive FDC’s inclusive mission in all internal and external work.
- Support and strengthen an efficient and effective internal operational system for the Housing Case Management Programs.
- Implement and manage the operating system for the Housing Case Management Programs.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Program staff in accordance with FDC guidelines.
- Serve as a positive and influential role model within the community by representing FDC at local events.
- Ensure thorough oversight of departmental contracts and budgets, ensuring up-to-date records of all required deliverables.
- Continuously develop and deliver program reports for the needs of both internal and external stakeholders, including various funding sources.
- Understand and communicate FDC’s Housing Program philosophy and the goals of the program to internal and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to all changes which may affect the Program from the local, state and federal level.
- Use creative and critical thinking to continuously improve, innovate, and pivot the Program ensuring that it upholds the overall mission of the organization.
- Active participant in fundraising including grant writing, special events, etc.
- Work constructively with housing clients through one-on-one case management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in a housing counseling program within a diverse population, with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- Strong program development, partnership, and team-building skills.
- Ability to work independently and hold oneself accountable but also within a multi-disciplinary group environment across program areas.
- Strong organization, project management, and coordination skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual preferred: Haitian Creole/Spanish/Urdu/Bengali/French
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A resume
- A cover letter including a written description of why you’re interested in this role, salary range requirements, and examples of how you’ve exemplified the qualities listed above in your previous work experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: Ms. N. Huggins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
The Housing Director’s salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, year-round position at The Flatbush Development Corp a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. (FLSA Status: Exempt)
The benefits include:
- In your first year 31 paid days off, which includes paid holidays, vacation, and PTO time.
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Plan; FSA Plan; TransitChek commuter benefit offerings; EAP; FinFit – Financial Fitness; a range of Aflac benefits
- Employee discounts through Working Advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity
Flatbush Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.