TAP Training and Curriculum Director
Supported by Enterprise Community Partners, The Flatbush Development Corporation is developing and implementing the Tenant Advocacy Project (TAP), which aims to address the systemic confluence of racial, disability, and other protected class discrimination by supporting tenants in three key ways: training clients to become Peer Advocates, deploying Advocates to assist clients in matters relating to housing discrimination, and tracking, mapping, and sharing housing discrimination trends with partners locally.
Responsibilities (covering the general areas to be handled by the individual in this role):
- Identify and develop appropriate curriculum that supports TAP’s mission to train and certify Peer Advocates.
- Create lesson plans, providing suggestions on how to strengthen the activities or connect them to the TAP Program goals.
- Develop TAP training modules and workshops that assist peer advocates to learn essential skills
- Lead and facilitate sessions to ensure that the programmatic implementation aligns with FDC’s organizational mission and vision.
- Drive participant learning and implement the TAP program and curriculum.
- Ensure high quality experiences for participants.
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training
- Assist Housing Director in development and implementation of outreach plan
- Gather feedback from trainees; Develop evaluation tools
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Consult with site-based Case managers and the Housing Director to plan professional
development based on need’s assessment and TAP requirements.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science, preferably with concentration in Education, Social Services, or related field.
- Previous experience as a Training Facilitator, Training Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Ability to communicate effectively with Housing Director and Case Managers
- Experience in working with diverse populations, specifically protected classes.
- Second language proficiency is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A resume
- A cover letter including a written description of why you’re interested in this role, salary range requirements, and examples of how you’ve exemplified the qualities listed above in your previous work experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: Ms. N. Huggins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
The TAP Training and Curriculum Manager’s salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, year-round position at The Flatbush Development Corp a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. (FLSA Status: Non-Exempt)
The benefits include:
- In your first year 31 paid days off, which includes paid holidays, vacation, and PTO time.
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Plan; FSA Plan; TransitChek commuter benefit offerings; EAP; FinFit – Financial Fitness; a range of Aflac benefits
- Employee discounts through Working Advantage
Equal Employment Opportunity
Flatbush Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.